Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Can my mom get life insurance on my kids without my knowledge?

My mom and I don't get along, and now she is asking for my children's social security numbers so she can buy life insurance on them.

Is she able to take out a life insurance policy on my kids without my signature or something saying I have agreed to it?

In order to buy life insurance on another person there must exist an insurable interest.

An insurable interest does exist between spouses, parents and their children/grandchildren, siblings, and business partners.

The grandmother of your children would probably be able to take out a life insurance policy on your children since she is the grandparent. However, she would have to pay the premiums.

If she does, you may want to advise your children when they reach age 18 that they should ask for ownership of the life insurance policies from their grandmother.

Here's how you can learn more about life insurance for children.

NEW! Here’s How to Buy up to $500,000 of Term Life
Insurance without any Medical Exam,
Just a Few Health Questions.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Disclosure: Compensated Affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment